The meme bug is sweeping the real estate blogging world again. Mr. John Lauber recently tagged me to reveal potentially embarrassing facts about yours truly. So, in the spirit of spreading the word about Ann Arbor area homes, wine and real estate in general, here are a few things about the author you likely didn’t know already:
- I am a former political hack. There, I admitted it, it’s out there and there’s nothing I can do to take it back! I was one of those folks responsible for coordinating multiple campaigns for state representative in SE Michigan. I assisted state representatives and state senators in their drive to be elected and re-elected. I will leave the gruesome details off the blog. Suffice it to say that my experience pounding the pavement for candidates has served my clients well in real estate. Whoever says that real estate isn’t at all like politics is either running for office or oblivious.
- My real estate hook is “Black Tie Todd.” Many knew that, I suppose. What many may not know is that I wear a tux to my closings and that the hook came about as a result of purchasing a tux a few years back. One day in the office I was bemoaning the fact that I was purchasing a tux for a number of black tie events that year, and someone jokingly suggested I wear it to my next closing. If anyone knows of a limo company in Ann Arbor that would like to cut a deal……!
- Big House Data is one of my businesses, co-founded with Dave Webber. Big House Data prepares monthly and quarterly real estate statistics for real estate agents. Of course, any statistics you find on our Team366 blogsite, they have been generated by BHD. Need housing stats based on your MLS? Drop me a note.
- Once, in high school, wore a sprig of mistletoe on the end of a wire coat hanger wrapped around my head the last day before Christmas vacation. That was a VERY fruitful day. School administrators actually let me wear it all day too…still trying to figure that one out.
- When I take a vacation, I want to do my best at impersonating a rock. I’m all about the rest and relaxation. The most work I want to do on vacation is uncorking a wine bottle. Traveling vacations are fine, so long as I can spend a few days in each locale and I don’t feel that I need a vacation to recover from the vacation. Capiche?
- While knocking doors for a candidate, once had a 12 year old sic a golden retriever on me! The dog came flying out the front door and proceeded to slobber on me. The kid was not too happy to say the least and his mom started chewing him out on the spot. Of course, that beats the time I walked up a drive in rural Michigan and heard a shotgun shell being shucked into place followed by a “get off my property” from an unseen homeowner.
Enough about me.
Now, it’s time to infect choose some other Real Estate related personnel for the meme-go-round:
@twitterzilla aka Chris Griffith
For those following along, hit Twitter and add these folks to your Following list. There are pearls of wisdom and the wit of kings & queens to be found amongst these folks. Of course, there’s a lot of stuff out there where you might need a shovel……
Here are the ground rules if you would like to keep this chain letter meme going:
The rules to play are easy …
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
[update: The lovely Sarah Stelmok of Fredricksburg, VA recently tagged yours truly as well. So, I am cheating and only updating my most recent meme post with this update!]