If you have your clients back, can solve their problems, provide balanced advice and bring them closer to the promises you make, don’t hesitate and make that great video. But consider taking a different approach. Instead of playing the role of Court Jester, consider:
- Listing the concerns you know haunt the consumer
- List the things you’ve discovered they desire & recite them to the viewer
- Explain what you’d do to assuage those concerns and come through in the clutch
- Illustrate the tools you use and/or methods you employ
- Place guarantees on the promises you make
- Conduct yourself with an air of humility. And a demeanor that drips with professional acumen.
Marketing gone awry.
As ever, Marc pulls out some lessons real estate agents should heed when it comes to marketing you and your services.
The big point to walk away with, in my opinion:
put yourself in your clients shoes and see the transaction, the house buying process from their viewpoint. What are their fears, what are their goals and how does your unique approach to real estate solve those goals or alleviate those fears?