Eight Reasons to List During the Holidays
Wow! You’d think, from anecdotal evidence, that no one sells or buys a home during the holidays. Obviously, that’s not the case; the housing market statistics show that homes do close during the months of December and January. There is a definite decrease in the number of homes that sell during the holidays. Just check out the statistics here.
For those folks thinking of selling their home and waiting for spring, here are eight good reasons to list your home for sale during the holidays:
- Less Competition
- Serious Buyers Shop During the Holidays
- The Best Agents Continue to Work During the Holidays
- Relocation Buyers Move This Time of Year
- If it Does Not Sell During the Holidays, You are Ahead of the Others
- Not Lost in The Spring Shuffle
- Your Home Looks Great This Time of Year
- Buyers are More Sensitive to Scheduling Appointments
For those folks from warmer climes, the Michigan real estate market does slow down in the winter time. A lot of it, I am sure, is due to the holidays. But the weather simply makes it difficult to get around at times. So showings become more…interesting.