Many would think that as an Ann Arbor Real Estate Agent, that there is little to be thankful for. After all, Michigan’s housing market has been pounded for the last 3 years or so, the Big 3 just got told by Congresscritters to go get a business plan and the University of Michigan Wolverines just completed their worst football season ever. Pretty thin pickings there for Thanksgiving day 2008.
Ah, but regular readers of this space know that myself and Team366 aren’t so easily swayed by what appears to be the roughest, toughest market we’ve seen in some time! So, without bloviating much further, I present:
10.5 Reasons I’m Thankful to Be A Real Estate Agent in Ann Arbor
- Homes are Still Selling: Contrary to popular belief, and the ‘For Sale’ signs that have sprouted like mushrooms, homes continue to sell!
- Buyers Can Get Financed: Getting a mortgage is still possible! Regardless of what you hear from the media, buyers with a down payment and good credit are getting financed. If you have dinged credit or little down payment, you still can get financed, your rates will simply be higher.
- Buyers Have an Abundance of Choices: When was the last time buyers had near historically low interest rates and this amount of inventory to choose from?
- Agents Know the Score: When representing a buyer or seller client in this market, I have found the majority of agents on the other side to be much more professional than in recent history. I chalk this up to two factors: 1 – the need to get a deal closed & 2 – fewer part-time agents still in the business.
- The Internet: There is not one singular tool that has changed the real estate industry MORE than the internet. Just look around at how properties are marketed and how consumers go about searching for more housing information. Heck, you’re reading this post! 😀
- Sellers Know The Score: Sellers that purchased their homes in the last 5 years, are taking a beating in our current housing market. Realistic sellers recognize that what their home was worth on paper just a few years ago, is not going to be a sales price in today’s market. The move up sellers recognize this fact, are selling their homes at a loss, and purchasing their next home, often times a bigger home, for fewer dollars per square foot than their first home. Buy low, sell high.
- I’m On Team366: What can I say? Team366 has brought real estate innovations to the Ann Arbor Real Estate market that have continued to set us apart. Our proprietary Listing Syndication System (LSS) generates over 4,000 Google indexed backlinks to our listings, our use of narrated walkthrough videos allows purchasers to experience our listings without leaving the comforting glare of their monitors.
- You, The Reader: I appreciate your continued patronage of this space on the internet! Without your eyes on this space, it becomes a moot point to continue to bang the keyboard and divulge my opinion on the state of the Ann Arbor Housing Market.
- Past Clients: You have been encouraging, fun to work with, and a blast to get to know! I look forward to continue to meet your real estate needs.
- Current Clients: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I enjoy working with each and every one of you in this challenging market.
I also need to thank my family for putting up with me, supporting me and encouraging me. My life would be desolate without you.
Finally, to my business partners: YOU GUYS ROCK! I am honored to work side-by-side with everyone one of you. Thank you!